Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Edge Technology Group
Client Professional Services
Rapidly growing MSP- 30% a year - every year
Opportunity to learn the hedge fund industry
Learn and apply top technology to some of the world s most demanding and technology-centric organizations.
The Project Manager will be part of the Client Professional Services (CPS) team and report to the Manager of Client Professional Services. Engagements the CPS team is responsible for include, but are not limited to:
- New client onboarding
- Hosted platform build outs & migrations
The Project Manager will be required to manage multiple projects and will be responsible for the successful delivery and profitability of those projects.
The Project Manager will require extensive experience in ensuring optimal project delivery of IT Infrastructure, and possess proven Project Management capabilities. Experience and knowledge of the financial services industry is highly preferred.
We seek client-savvy professionals who will be able to motivate and coordinate Edge Technology resources to effectively support our demanding hedge fund client-base for whom the effective delivery of our IT projects is mission-critical.
Verify project scope is properly documented including:
- Out of scope items
- Track and properly document scope creep
- Prepare project plans, coordinate and track work with internal teams to ensure on time and on budget projects
- Work with the CPS team and other internal teams to ensure the project is staffed properly to achieve its goals
- Manage project tasks via ConnectWise
- Communicate with the client and project team on a regular basis throughout the project
- Conduct both internal and external project meetings on a weekly or bi weekly basis
- Prepare agendas for the meetings
- Execute Edge s implementation standards
- Manage escalations from Edge s support team
- Provide feedback and input to Edge s Standards team
- Works with Account Managers and VCTOs on technology recommendations
- Once projects are completed, perform an orderly hand over of projects to Edge s support team
- Identify opportunities for growth and pass along to Business Development staff
- Work with all functions and technical teams within Edge as needed to improve customer service and team communication
- Ensure appropriate documentation is in place for specific support requirements, such as onboarding documentation
- Manage contract negotiations on behalf of clients with third party vendors
- Promote best practices in effective client partnering, including communication, coordinating projects across multiple client sites, optimizing Edge resources in a cost-effective and targeted manner, and coaching others
- Desired Skills and Experiences
- Technical and Industry expertise
- Five plus year experience in service delivery/project management/senior consulting role, coordinating the delivery of broad ranging IT systems infrastructure capabilities to multiple clients
- Technical familiarity with an appropriate combination of infrastructure, server management and maintenance, network, disaster recovery, security, email, VOIP/telephony, and/or data backup and retention functionality
- Exposure to financial services, trading environments highly desirable
- Experience providing these services to external clients a plus
- Hands-on exposure to desktop support, systems implementation, hardware configuration a plus
- Support, Relationship Development, Project Management
- Able to effectively analyze customer IT systems requirements. Have technical and business experience to evaluate if Edge solutions can meet those needs
- Hold others and self accountable in delivering solutions and problem resolution in a timely, effective manner and to the client s satisfaction
- Understand Edge and clients business drivers and facilitate effective problem resolution as well as long-term value to our clients needs
- Strong relationship building skills
- Foundation understanding of Project Management process
- Communicate and Organize Effectively
- Must have excellent written and oral communications skills, able to understand technical issues and communicate them effectively to non-technical users of our services
- Tenacious problem solver, own problems until fully resolved
- Strong negotiating skills, solid business judgment and acumen
- Strong organization, time management and prioritization skills
- Create effective client presentations and reports, detailing services provided, related time and billing, and issues resolved/value received on an ongoing basis
Education & Certifications
BS or equivalent in CS, MIS or Engineering desirable; but not required
CAPM or PMP Certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 40 pounds. In addition, the employee may be required to sit at a desktop monitor for long hours and take phone calls.
About Edge Technology Group
Edge Technology Group is a sector-focused consultancy, exclusively representing alternative investment managers globally. Edge offers fully managed IT services and complete cloud solutions. The company delivers immediate, flexible and proprietary solutions that satisfy the needs of Hedge Funds, Private Equity Firms, Family Offices and Asset Managers worldwide.
Edge has 8 locations across Asia, Europe and the US, including Singapore, Hong Kong, Sydney, London, New York, San Francisco, Austin and our corporate office in Greenwich, CT.
All our positions are competitively compensated, full time, salaried and bonus eligible with full benefits that are 100% company paid. We also offer a 401k contribution of 3% that vests immediately, along with a host of other corporate benefits.
Edge Technology Group is growing rapidly (30% a year) and successfully attracts and retains leading industry talent. We do this by offering dynamic IT professionals exposure to a broad range of leading technologies and the opportunity to learn rapidly and contribute directly to the business.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
Loading some great jobs for you...