Director, Clinical Operations and Nursing Excellence
Compensation: $132,420.00 - $206,040.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
Loading some great jobs for you...
POSITION:?Director, Clinical Operations and Nursing Excellence, Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS)/Stamford Collaborative
Hospital for Special Surgery and Stamford Health have entered into an unprecedented collaboration to create a premier center for advanced orthopedics in Stamford, Connecticut.?Since 2017, HSS/Stamford Health Collaborative has been offering an unparalleled level of inpatient and ambulatory musculoskeletal care, featuring dedicated, full-service orthopedic units in the new Stamford Hospital tower, as well as in the nationally renowned Stamford Health Tully Ambulatory Center.
HSS is the world?s largest academic medical center focused on musculoskeletal health and has been ranked the #1 hospital for orthopedics by U.S News & World Report for 10 years in a row. Stamford Health leads the market for healthcare in lower Fairfield County, with a new state-of-the-art Planetree Hospital, Magnet status, and a 123-year history of providing compassionate, patient-centered care. Through this unique alliance, HSS Orthopedics at Stamford Health will expand access to leading clinicians, as well as best practices and protocols developed by HSS over its 153 years of experience.?
For more information on HSS/Stamford, please visit its website: www.hss.edu/hss-orthopedics-stamford-health.asp
The Director, Clinical Operations and Nursing Excellence will serve as the front-line leader for clinical operations, including serving as a clinical resource?for all levels of nursing staff in both the acute-care and ambulatory settings. The Director is a critical member of HSS?s Magnet Patient Care Services and will be responsible for:
- ensuring the smooth operations of all aspects of the clinical operations of the HSS-Stamford Collaborative
- advancing the organization?s strategic objectives by supporting and participating in business development and growth initiatives for HSS-Stamford
- preparing and sustaining a clinically competent workforce that will meet HSS-Stamford Collaborative?s goals for quality, patient satisfaction, and overall excellence
This position is an employee of HSS and will report to the HSS Senior Vice President, NY Regional Markets and to the HSS Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer, with a matrixed reporting relationship to the Stamford Health Chief Nursing Officer.?
The Director provides clinical leadership to nurses in the perioperative, intraoperative, postoperative, and inpatient settings. The Director must effectively communicate and interact directly with all staff to create partnerships and relationships within HSS-Stamford.
The Director will provide support and mentorship to all nurses, including nursing leadership. Additionally, the Director will plan staffing, surgical needs, and staff/manager education, based upon patient-and-nurse outcome data and direct observation of nursing practice.
The Director will lead and manage a department that currently includes seven professionals and a team of approximately 100 nurses, techs, and other caregivers.
This position requires a forward-thinking, innovative, and enthusiastic leader who is willing to achieve growth and continuous improvement via research, dialogue, and collaboration.
- Lead and manage the day-to-operations of HSS-Stamford to ensure the highest-quality care; patient, family, surgeon, and staff satisfaction; and cost-effective delivery of care
- Develop an extensive understanding of both institutions and their missions, and the strategic plan and goals for HSS-Stamford as a framework for influencing and negotiating positive change and further integration
- Develop strategic goals for HSS-Stamford Nursing that are in alignment with the hospitals? business development and growth objectives
- Be the nursing leader for HSS-Stamford, collaboratively achieving high-quality patient outcomes and representing both institutions professionally
Change Management/Continuous Improvement:
- Innovate nursing practices by influencing attitudes, modifying behaviors, and successfully implementing changes that improve patient outcomes
- Implement a continuous-improvement mind-set in Nursing by regularly reviewing and evaluating care and service
- Identify areas for improvement in operations and patient care; develop and oversee initiatives to address improvements; facilitate quality-improvement projects
- Lead the development of policies and procedures, Standards of Care, and protocols essential to the delivery of care
- Oversee the implementation of large technology projects and track their effectiveness
- Develop and engage nursing staff in evidence-based practice. Oversee the HSS-Stamford Clinical Education Specialist?s work to develop curricula and in-service materials to maintain competence for patient-care staff?
- Support and mentor nursing staff and nurse leaders in the performance-improvement process to improve patient outcomes
- Facilitate the development of education programs that respond to patient/family needs and health care trends
- Manage the HSS-Stamford nursing staff, using a sound performance-management system to foster a team-centered culture
- Manage staffing, budgets, and all other administrative and clinical activities
- Develop, compile, analyze, and report on key performance indicators and other data
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS:
- MSN or advanced nursing degree is required.
- CT Registered Nurse (RN) License and CPR Certification will be required.
- (Licensure in NY may be required upon hire.)
- Experience in and/or knowledge of a Magnet environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of performance improvement; a credential in Lean, Six Sigma, etc., is preferred.
Experence and Competencies:
- Significant leadership experience in perioperative nursing, inclusive of all perioperative phases of care, with a concentration in OR, is required.
- In-depth knowledge and a strategic understanding of clinical operations in a hospital are required.
- Proven leadership skills; has managed people and departments through well-established performance-management skills; has developed clinical competencies and evaluated nursing practices through on-going assessment
- Possesses a ?big-picture,? strategic mind-set and has successfully developed business plans, budgets, and strategic goals for clinical operations (acute care and ambulatory) that are aligned with those of a hospital/healthcare system
- Has served as a clinical resource?for all levels of nursing staff in both the acute care and ambulatory settings
- Proven experience in participating in and/or leading continuous improvement and change-management initiatives
- Demonstrated knowledge and well versed in establishing best practices in patient services in a hospital or healthcare system
- Ability to effectively engage and interact with multi-discipline teams, especially physicians and their staff
?????????Outstanding analytical and process skills.
?????????Experienced in developing policies and procedures, Standards of Care, and protocols essential to the delivery of care
Associated topics: crna, english, fnp, np, nurse practitioner, ob, physician assistant, practitioner, spanish, specialist
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...