Associate, Public Sector
Compensation: $77,255.00 - $127,920.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Loading some great jobs for you...
About the Job
A Public Finance Associate is a resourceful, ?go-to? professional who is considered ? and relied upon as -- a ?second-chair? banker. While not directly responsible
, this individual is capable
of executing a senior managed bond transactions from start to finish. The ASSOCIATE is becoming visible in the industry and is beginning to develop working relationships with issuers, centers of influence (?COI?) and market participants. The ASSOCIATE is highly motivated and is willing to take initiative, invest time, effort and critical thinking in order to provide senior level support in the efforts to procure senior managed or other high value fee engagements and advance his/her career to the Vice President level.
- Translate financial information, CAFRS, budgets and debt reviews into customized financial plans including refundings and restructurings.
- High competency in DBC and the utilization of the firm?s customized financial models for complex structures.
- Efficiently monitors market movements relative to potential refunding opportunities ? without close supervision or direction from senior bankers.
- Becoming increasingly independent and capable of developing plans of finance and can effectively prepare responses (beyond boilerplate) to RFPs and/or sales materials.
- Senior managed RFP responses are being submitted to senior bankers in nearly final form.
- In addition to flawlessly summarizing debt structures, the ASSOCIATE is now at a point of developing financial strategies and can identify opportunities and begin to implement/explore concepts beyond bonds (i.e direct placements, derivative strategies, Public-Private Partnerships).
- Capable of producing initial solid working drafts of rating agency presentations and investor roadshows with the appropriate direction of senior bankers.
- Critical thinking moves beyond mere task completion and deal-processing; increasingly assumes a revenue generation/enhancement work approach.
- Effectively manages deal check lists.
- Plays an identifiable role in the procurement of senior managed business (i.e. providing timely and accurate refunding updates, advanced financial modeling, identifying a financial solution)
- Makes a solid contribution on deal team working groups and is assuming day-to-day banking responsibilities for underwriting engagements ? particularly senior managed roles.
- Participates and adds value during the marketing process.
- Working relationships with issuers, clients and COIs; becoming known within the industry through marketing efforts, deal execution process and participation in/attendance at relevant conferences and networking events.
- Highly capable and confident during appropriate interaction with issuers, COIs and other market participants; understands and respects his/her role on the firm?s deal team relative to senior bankers.
- Works independently of the senior banker with little direction and is highly resourceful.
- Upon delegation from the senior banker, leads team efforts to develop RFP responses, marketing materials with the goal of constantly improving the firm?s work product and thus, likelihood of success.
- Considered a firm resource or ?go-to? person for training/mentoring/developing junior Analysts and Associates.
- Effectively and consistently communicates with senior bankers and team members and exhibits a positive attitude.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic; willingness to work overtime and weekends; understands the importance of timeliness; efficiently multi-tasks; commitment of availability to senior bankers and overall team.
- - Undergraduate Degree in Business (Accounting, Finance, Business Admin, Economics, etc.)
- - Series 7/79 & 63 (within six months of employment)
- - Strong quantitative skills, including financial modeling and financial statement analysis
- - Quantitatively and financially-oriented, possessing the ability to succinctly express ideas
- - Strong team player that is a motivated self-starter with the desire to be part of a close-knit group operating in an intensive and challenging work environment
- - Excellent organization, communication and research skills
- - Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving ability
- - Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Preferred Qualifications:
- - MBA, MA in Accounting, CFA, CPA, JD or equivalent
- - 3+ years direct industry segment experience
- - Previous investment banking experience
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...