Loading some great jobs for you...
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We're one of Canada's largest pension investment managers, with CAD$168 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world's top companies. At PSP, you'll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We're seeking a Senior Technician, IT Service who will be responsible for overseeing PSP's IT help desk in our NY office. The help desk comprises of up to 3 technicians supporting an office of approx. 40 employees and Senior Management. The role consists in planning, coordinating and monitoring the services provided by the User Support Group located in Montreal, specifically for incidents, service requests, initiatives and projects. The position requires great abilities to coordinate a small team locally and liaise effectively with teams located in Montreal and London. Technical skills are necessary as there will be some hands-on support needed. The incumbent must be able to work under pressure and demonstrate professionalism in any situation, and a deep commitment to the satisfaction and quality of the user experience. Great communication skills are essential. The role reports to the IT Direct in London.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As a Senior Technician, IT Service, you'll follow established guidelines and standards and you'll:
- Act as a lead intermediary with the different groups to ensure the quality of the operations and communication
and manage escalations related to the user support group
- With other IT groups (Montreal, London):
- Contribute and collaborate for initiatives and projects
- Proactively identify, document, implement, communicate and knowledge transfer of process improvements
- Working with local lT support team:
- Oversee local IT support team, ensuring on-site presence of IT support during office hours
- Plan, coordinate and monitor team functions according to established priorities
- Ensure users receive prompt, high-quality service and support.
- Ensure follow-ups with users and colleagues, manage schedules, ticket resolution and delegation
- Analyze incident logs, identify recurrent issues and drive problem resolution in coordination with Montreal teams
- Ensure accuracy of New York IT tracking system: responsible for creating, documenting, tracking / executing,
prioritizing. Ensure follow-ups with users and colleagues
- Help develop the team's support skills, act as an advisor to his / her team and other sectors and provide them with
support when needed.
- Hands on technical support when needed
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to navigate a fast-paced environment with a high level of autonomy
- Attention to detail and rigorous approach to research, analysis and documentation
- Ability to work collaboratively, cultivating meaningful relationships with colleagues and clients
- Open-mindedness and active listening skills
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor's degree (additional experience may be substituted in lieu of degree requirements)
- Knowledge of French (an asset)
- Advanced technical knowledge of desktop environments (desktop, printers, mobility, services, tools), including Windows 10, O365 / MSOffice, VPN, mobile communications include IOS and Android, IT security, printing, video conferencing equipment
- Knowledge of ITSM tools, competency with Service Now is an asset
- Management skills (small team)
- Experience in working with teams in various remote locations (Montreal, London)
- Experience in working in an environment with senior executives
- Focus on results and customer satisfaction
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, especially with senior executives
- Strong interpersonal skills, enjoy working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, good team spirit
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Effectively handle stress, pressures, challenges and deadlines
- Good analytical skills, attention to detail, have a structured approach and be focused on quality, take proactive steps in managing issues
- Dynamic, autonomous and highly motivated by new challenges
- Be able to maintain a good relationship of trust with different levels within the organization
- Professional ethics, integrity and behavior are expected
- Work schedule:
Must be available for occasional evening and week-end work; support model may evolve to include optional on-call support, including nights and weekends on a rotation schedule. Overtime is compensated
May be requested to travel to Montreal
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position is located at our New York offices.
Visit us on LinkedIn.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...